Friday, March 18, 2011

WestJet stays hungry, after 15 years in business | Money | Calgary Sun


WestJet stays hungry, after 15 years in business Money Calgary Sun

On a recent day, I found myself arriving late to the Calgary Airport for a trip to Kelowna. Blame it on traffic, mixed emotions on what to pack and of course, business that never stops. After a stressful game of duck duck goose to get to the head of the line to check in for my WestJet flight, I was told that my bag was 5 pounds over the weight allowance and I either had the choice to remove items or pay $52.50. I was sweating bullets as I knew there was no option but to pay as I was already so late. The attendent took my credit card but a nearby employee of WestJet overheard our correspondence and informed me that he was on the same flight to Kelowna and that it was running 30 minutes late. I had time! He offered his assistance to help me unload 5 lbs of cargo. I had packed gifts for my boyfriend that were a surprise and the usual articles. He was kind and made sure all but the allowance made it back into the bag and I was sent on my way without the additional cost and the assurance I would make the flight. I later sat waiting for a few minutes to board and saw the same gentleman in a nearby seat. I made my way across to have a seat beside him to thank him for his kindness and wonderful nature. I recounted with this man stories of my daughter and I screaming positive affirmations, "I WILL BE A LEADER OF GOOD THINGS!", all over the world in caverns, on mountain tops and other places of inspiration to hear echoes reverberate back. I told him that he was the type of person that defined these echoes. On the flight, this same gentleman stood up and announced he was the President and CEO of WestJet, Gregg. He served the passengers, picked up trash and made sure it was pleasant flight for all. When the flight touched down in Kelowna and we had all made our way into the airport, I had the opportunity to introduce him to my boyfriend. THANK YOU WESTJET FOR BEING A LEADER OF GOOD THINGS FOR 15 YEARS!

Photo By: Dawgmatix

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

exceptional story! love to see that willingness to help and great leadership.

thanks for sharing that!

jalicyjatco said...

They will absolutely accord you some advantageous suggestions and adviser you in the appropriate direction.

Condo Management